In-house selection guides
A large number of solvent selection guides are available in the literature and have been developed in-house by a number of pharmaceutical companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer (who have also produced a freely-available printable poster), Sanofi and Astra Zeneca.    . The ACS GCI PR has also produced an industry-wide solvent selection guide, which is also available as a free application for mobile phones.
Although there are a number of solvents where strong correlations in classification exist between the different guides, there are a number of discrepancies. The varying needs and priorities of individual businesses will have direct influence over the exact rankings of solvents. The CHEM21 project has undertaken a survey of these guides to compile the data, analyse and understand the differences therein and have subsequently published a combined guide. 
- Updating and further expanding GSK's solvent sustainability guide, Green Chem., 2016. ,
- Green chemistry tools to influence a medicinal chemistry and research chemistry based organisation, Green Chem., 2008, 10, 31-36. ,
- Sanofi’s Solvent Selection Guide: A Step Toward More Sustainable Processes, Org. Process Res. Dev., 2013, 17, 1517-1525. ,
- Toward a More Holistic Framework for Solvent Selection, Org. Process Res. Dev., 2016, 20, 760-773. ,
- A survey of solvent selection guides, Green Chem., 2014, 16, 4546-4551. ,
- Unknown reference.